Thursday, January 7, 2010

spoke needs to meditate

it is a brand new year and i intend to have some things to show for it by the time 2011 comes rolling around. this is going to be the year that i get my finances is in order, my relationships tidied up, and my art work off the ground. oh and i am going to travel. i guess i have been stuck in idle far too long and need to kick myself in my own ass to get motivated. i also need to start meditating. i come from rural southwest georgia where the concept of meditating might mean ruminating on the weather or soybean blight but nothing like the soul lifting buddhist transformation. in other words, i have no fucking idea how to go about meditating. do i light a candle? should i take a bath? is it about counting my breaths? what? how do you stop your mind from wandering? spoke is soliciting help from the oh so few readers who are just bored enough to actually be reading this. open the flood gates and let the advice come gushing in!!

1 comment:

Banana_Grl said...

Gush, gush! LOL
I think meditation is all about clearing your mind and being in the present. I also think there is no wrong way to do it ... Whatever works for you! Some people focus on their breathing, others on a word repeated (chanting), others use music or candles or whatever. Poke around online for suggestions and then find what works for you :) I'm a breather, focusing on my breathing and pulling it through my entire body ... Good luck!