Sunday, September 9, 2007

misplacing children

I was watching the news last night and it was all about forgetting your child in the hot car during summer. Now I don't have kids and truthfully, this is for the best but if I did have them, I would like to think that I would keep up with them a bit better than I do my car keys! The thing that I found most disturbing about the news report was the tips for helping parents not forget their child in the car. They said, put things that you might need in the back seat, such as your coat or brief case and that way you will see the child when you go to retrieve these things.OMG! Really? Put things in the back seat that you might need...like, I don't know, your child. If you can't remember to take your child out of the car seat, then you probably can't remember your coat either. And what does that say about our priorities? Your child is not as important as your brief case? We understand you forgetting the kid but not you important work papers. If you can't remember your child, then you shouldn't have one! By the way, temperatures in vehicles during the summer can easily exceed 200 degrees, that is hot enough to bake cookies. You wouldn't stick your child in an oven would you?

No comments: