NOCAC - New Orleans Citizens Against Crime, will hold a meeting Saturday, January 31st, at the Skull Club Alternative Gallery, in the Marigny, corner of Spain & Rampart Streets. Meeting to start at 3pm.
The purpose of this meeting is three fold:
1) To bring local citizens together with the intention of creating better contact, higher awarness of community action, and a forum in which those things can and will occur.
2) To collect and share information necessary to take action against crime, to contact and be heard by City Hall, the New Orleans City Council, the NOPD, and the use of citizen support programs, such as the Text Alert Service, recently implemented.
3) To create a functioning model of a New Orleans Citizens Against Crime neighborhood group, with the hopes of members starting their own
independently run groups, throughout the City of New Orleans.
While initially designed to deal with crime in the 5th District, this meeting is open to all citizens of New Orleans, in the hope that attendees will take the information, and suggested model offered here, to their own immediate neighborhoods, and form independent NOCAC groups of their own.
This meeting is NOT open to City Officials, NOPD or the Organized Press. These institutions can & will be informed of any activities of interest once the platform for action is established. As citizens, we wish to exercise our right of assembly in a private setting, to discuss our situation.
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2010 (36)
- crime information
- things i have learned from being stupid
- stupid things i heard about hiv today
- crime alert update
- what the fuck is going on??
- crime meeting
- my question
- something beautiful
- protecting ourselves
- time change for wendy's second line
- wendy's memorial second line
- a little late night self pity
- andrew wyeth dies at 91
- it's all about chemistry
- it's worth pondering
- fuck bush
- silence is violence
- interesting evolution
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2008 (105)